Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween!

I feel like I've been gone for AGES! Our internet was down for a while and I've been busy busy busy this week. So I'll do a couple posts this weekend, probably :)

We've been sick here at our house so not a whole lot exciting has happened during the week. Last weekend we carved our pumpkins. Wola wasn't super excited about the pumpkin, she thought it was "Yucky Gross" but she did try and help a little with scooping them! So Tommy carved her a skull (surprise surprise!).

I ended up doing Eric Draven with a crow on his shoulder, and Tommy freehanded the Misfits skull. His pumpkin didn't turn out well for the picture but it looked really cool, you can sorta see a glow through the part where he peeled off the skin and it just looked really eerie.

Then, this week, we had a pumpkin carving contest at work and my team decided to do our boss's face. I ended up doing the design from a photo of him, and it turned out really well. We won the contest, of course :)

And then after all that, we got home too late last night to even have any trick or treaters. So now we have candy in the freezer... lol. One of the casualties of my late shift but hopefully next year I'll be on a better schedule.

Wola helping Tommy with her "ponkin"

Tommy's Misfits skull
Eric Draven with the crow on his shoulder (You know, the movie "The Crow")
Wola's skull

Here's the pattern I did for the carving of my boss' face. I wish I had a picture of it lit up but no candles left!Wola had a harvest party at daycare so she's pretty worn out. She was a skeleton this year :)
Sophia is a ladybug :) You can't see them but there's these cute little antennae attached to the hat.