Monday, March 30, 2009

Didn't plant my sweet peas :(

Well on Saturday when I went to go plant my sweet peas I had a sort of accident - I picked up the jar of soaked seeds, with the packet behind it, started carrying them outside... and OUCH! I got stung on my pinky. There was a WASP on the back of the seed packet.

First off, HOW was he still AROUND, much less in my HOUSE in MARCH? Needless to say, he became a FLAT SQUISHED wasp pretty quickly but my finger still hurt!

Anyway, that happened, and then I had to come back in and by the time the pain subsided it had started to rain too much for me to want to go outside. So I drained the seeds, wet a paper towel and wrapped it around them. Now maybe they will sprout but I should still be able to plant them one of these days. We'll see. I don't want to waste these ones, it's a beautiful open-pollinated blue collection and cost me $2.50 for 20 seeds. I was hoping to save seed from them. I guess even if I end up with a few of them I should be OK.