Friday, April 10, 2009

Planting stuff this weekend

I have a really busy weekend ahead of me!

Saturday:
  • Go get a truckload of compost
  • Get a birthday present for little Shane and easter egg dye
  • Make a Costco trip
  • spread said compost
  • Put together salad mix box
  • fill box with compost
  • Pot up broccoli, cabbage and rest of tomatillos
  • Little Shane's birthday Party (I can't remember if it's at 3 or 4)
  • Dye easter eggs with Wola

Sunday:

  • Have an easter egg hunt with Wola
  • Direct sow carrots, spinach, radishes, parsley, dill, cilantro, salad mix, and potatoes
  • Make the week's worth of baby food - broccoli this week, with cheese and garlic. Lucky Fia!
  • Make the week's worth of protein muffins and crudites for work lunches.
  • Laundry
  • Clean the kitchen

In other springtime notes:
I am absolutely LOVING the violets growing in the lawn. I think I'm going to dig some of them up and see if they will grow in the planter. It just seems like such a shame to have them in the lawn where they will be MOWED. I made a pretty necklace of them this morning for Wola which she promptly tore into pieces. Lol... oh well. My sweet peas are up and my garlic is going nutso. This weekend if I have time I'm going to stop by Big R and get some annuals to plant. Maybe Wola will have fun. I just hope she doesn't pull them up!

In a couple weeks, the Spokane Solid Waste is hosting a composting fair. What fun! My mom and I are going to go... they are giving out composting bins and tree seedlings. I'm excited!