Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Coffee grounds again!

Good news - I'll get to collect the grounds from work! I'll need to go get a container. I have a 3lb coffee can at home that's empty and I might cover it but I think I might want to get something bigger that I can put garbage liners or even paper grocery bags in. That way I don't have to rinse it out and it won't get stinky over the weekend. I am one of the last folks out of here so I don't think it'll be a problem to keep it up. This will be great for my compost pile and also the lawn! Coffee gounds can be bagged up and kept in the garage all winter and spread on the lawn in the spring, though I imagine it would be a bit stinky. I might just try to compost them all... but it depends on how much it ends up being. I'm really glad I got this all hooked up since I haven't found an actual coffeeshop that will save them for me yet.

So that's good news! Work is going well and I'm getting right back into the swing of things. The bad part is that it's being a difficult adjustment for all of us as far as the daycare thing. The girls are a little more volatile... Eleora is acting even MORE terrible 2, and Sophia yesterday spent a good 30 minutes just crying hysterically before I could get her calmed down enough to eat and go to sleep. This isn't going to be easy. I think I'll start a monthly countdown... lol. If Tommy finishes his program in May of 2010, I'd say by July or so I should be done. He does have a job waiting for him already at his old employer (they were so sad to see him go that they are going to create a drafting position for him, isn't that awesome!) so I don't have to worry about him finding a job. So, that's 21 months away.

So... 21 months and counting. :)