Thursday, October 9, 2008

So busy!

The only time I really have available to post is during naptime or in the evenings... we've been so busy the last couple days during those precious times that I haven't been able to post! Not a whole lot going on the garden front, though I did buy 15 lbs of Yukon Gold potatoes to can. I might get it done today but probably not until after this weekend or maybe Saturday if I'm lucky. Oh, I made refried beans the other day, 2 batches actually. Homemade refried beans are super easy, I'll probably post the recipe with photos later. And they are GOOD and CHEAP!

It's Eleora's birthday next Tuesday but we're having a party on Saturday. Tomorrow Tommy and I have to take turns going to the DMV to get our licenses changed so we can register to vote in WA. I know, lame.. we've lived here over a year. But we want to make sure we can vote! Saturday is Eleora's party, and then on Sunday we'll go to the pumpkin patch and get pumpkins, and maybe some apples to process. We don't eat much applesauce, but it's good baby food and Eleora does like it, so I'll make some. Sarah and I want to make apple pie filling. I ordered some can-jel from Barry Farms but I don't think it'll be here on time, they didn't charge my card until Tuesday and so I doubt I'll have it on time, but we'll see.

Otherwise, things are chugging along like normal. I'm just enjoying this time I have left of my maternity leave before I have to go back to work in a week & half :(